- Program Chair ANT-2015 / SEIT-2015 conferences, to be held from 2 – 5 June 2015, London, UK
- Coordinator Higher Education Pakistan at UHasselt for international education collaborations with Belgian universities.
- Co-Chair / Co-Organizer ANT-2014 / SEIT-2014 conferences, to be held from 2 – 5 June 2014, Hasselt, Belgium
- Co-Organizer DATA SIM Summer School (15 – 18 July, 2013), Diepenbeek, Belgium
- Reviewer for IET Wireless Sensor Systems
- TPC member ICIT-2014 conference to be held from 21 – 23 Jan 2014, Dubai, UAE
- Steering Committee IEDC-2013 conference to be held from 26 – 28 December 2013, Karachi, Pakistan
- Workshop chair ANT-2013 conference from 25 – 28 June 2013, Halifax, Canada
- Co-Organizer ABMTRANS’14 workshop co-located with ANT-2014 from 2 – 5 June 2014, Hasselt, Belgium
- Co-Organizer ABMTRANS’13 workshop co-located with ANT-2013 from 25 – 28 June 2013, Halifax, Canada
- Co-Organizer ABMTRANS’12 workshop co-located with ANT-2012 from 27 – 29 Aug 2012, Niagara Falls, Canada
- TPC member BasNet-203 workshop co-located with ANT-2013, 25 – 28 June 2013, Halifax, Canada
Interview by the GEO News Network about the importance of international collaborations during the visit of the Ambassador of Pakistan in Brussels at Hasselt University, Belgium.
More details at:
Gezien door 156 miljoen Pakistanen op tv: de UHasselt tekent een samenwerkingsakkoord met de Pakistaanse overheid voor de opleiding van studenten.
Seminar at Institute of Sustainable Transportation & Logistics (State University of New York, USA)
Venue: September 18th, 2014: 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM, Ketter Hall room 140, University at Buffalo North Campus
Title: Empowering Citizens with Sustainable Transportation in the Cities of Today & Tomorrow
Abstract: While some may argue that the added value of one research domain is more limited in terms of added economic value than the other, the contribution of transportation research towards the society as a whole is significant. According to several predictions, the transport sector will overtake industry as the largest energy user by 2020. Unfortunately, the sector has major negative economic, social and environmental side effects. The complexity of today’s policy decision making has motivated several international research teams to develop policy frameworks which are finally aimed at mitigating these negative externalities of transport.
The National UAE (Newspaper)
Please see the extract of my talk at GITEX 2014.